January 31, 2009

When it rains, it pours...Or, The Family Royal Does NOT resemble Morton's Salt

The King of Typos was headed back home after the memorial service for my father. He had the royal princesses (OK, really just the dogs) and much furniture given to us by my mom. A little black ice and a big boom later, this is his pickup. Thankfully he was 10 minutes from my sister's house. The police officer was nice enough to take the King to Sara's house. The next day he visited a hospital about his bruises and contusions, got a rental truck and headed for home. A day later we all met up a day later in Amarillo and caravanned the rest of the way.

Right now home doesn't feel like home. We are broken and tired and stressed and freaked out and sad and anxious and whatever other unsettling feelings are appropriate. I can't seem to get off the sofa because a clean house and food don't really matter, do they? Folks, we are never here long enough to do or say all the things we need to do or say...spend the time to do AND say what you should while you can.


We were in Texas long enough to realize that we missed the sound of "thank yeeeew" when we left a shop and the big hugs and wide smiles of family we haven't seen in a while. Job seeking now involves Texas and whichever one of us can get a job first will get us back to our homeland. ;-) Keep your fingers crossed and address whatever deities you deem appropriate!

I still cry at least once, and often more, per day. I can't even begin to imagine the heartbreaking grief that my mother must bear. I pray for her constantly. The King of Typos has begun an agressive campaign to find a job, he's dealing with the creditors, arranging the payments, dealing with insurance and I try to go to work every day. I make it most days.

I took one of those "stress tests" online. You know the one that asks "how many of the following events have occured in your life in the last 6 (or 12) months?" Well, I scared myself when I saw how many of those life-changing events had happened to me in the last 4 months, but most within the last two weeks. Needless to say, I am to watch for serious stress-related illness. Bwahahahahahaha, um, 'scuse me while I recover and take the pill for depression, the pill for anxiety and the pills for high blood pressure and cholesterol. I think I've seen the enemy and he is me.

About the pickup: according to one adjustor, it's a total loss, however, we haven't received the official "offer" from either insurance company. We have received notification from both insurance companies saying they are only paying for their own policyholder's damages. Have no idea what this does for/against us, nothing else is in writing yet. The King is pursuing getting a copy of the police report since this will give us more info for better decisions.

That's the news from the Typo household. Hope you and yours are safe, warm, and loved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I send you my virtual hug.