February 13, 2011

Phew! Made it!!

We have survived the triple-whammy of Snowpocalypse, the Super Bowl and Snowmageddon part deux. Today the sun is shining, it's warm and beautiful and looks like spring is here. I know it's not official yet and we will probably have another bout of cold weather (yuk!), but I'm relishing the warmth and sunshine while it's here.

Been spending time in the studio and very excited about that. I haven't felt like doing anything in there for months and couldn't understand why. Well, it appears the mental block against that room is gone and now I want to spend lots and lots of time in there. I've been creating a gift or two for Valentine's Day and that seemed to start the creative juices flowing again.

With the warmth, I'm a little less likely to be knitting, but I've almost finished a pair of socks I've been working on for a month or so. They are strawberry pink with small stripes of chocolate brown and vanilla...just like neopolitan ice cream! Makes me want an ice cream sundae every time I look at them. They will be a gift for someone in the family.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...dum da dum! For those of you who are celebrating alone, enjoy the time alone for introspection. Think about the failed relationships and be grateful you are no longer in them, consider your "deal-breakers" for future relationships and DON'T SETTLE for LESS than what you truly DESERVE. Too many times I've settled into a relationship just because it was comfortable and I didn't have to think. Although my partner may not have had some of the characteristics that I considered deal-breakers, I allowed the relationship to continue anyway. I must say this is a very bad thing....I ceased to grow as a person during those relationships and I was not the best I could possibly be.

For those of you in a relationship, remember to tell that person every day how special they are. Do those little romantic things like leaving notes for each other, the little kiss when you think they're still asleep, making sure there's enough coffee left in the morning for his/her last cup, tell them how much you truly appreciate their love in your life.

I have a few special gifts set aside for Mr. Man, none of them terribly expensive, but all little reminders of how much he means to me. I hope they mean as much to him over time as he is beginning to mean to me.

This week Mr. Man and I have VIP tickets to see Cal Ripken. Mr. Man has a huge man-crush on Cal and Cal played as part of Mr. Man's absolute favorite baseball team, the Baltimore Orioles.  I'm quite happy that I was able to surprise him for this and that we will get to go together. We will also be spending time with Lori, one of my favorite baseball people. She's as goofy over Cal as Mr. Man. It will be fun to sit and observe the both of them completely dork out.

Have a good day, enjoy the sunshine, dance every chance you get!

No comments: