May 30, 2011

It's MINE...IT REALLY IS MINE!!

It's mine, mine, mine!! I closed on the house "contingent upon funding of closing costs," which means I have to take the title company a certified check for a lot of money tomorrow and then I will have the keys.

I come from a long, honored, proud line of women-worriers. Yes, that is WOrriers and not warriors. We are known for waiting for the other shoe to drop, the sky to fall, the storm that comes with a silver lining. This line of women can be seen from far away by the deep worry line between their eyebrows. I am still worried, 20 years after graduating from college, that someone made a mistake and credits were awarded incorrectly and they will yank my diploma from me. 

What this all means is that I have not been able to celebrate making one of the biggest steps that any adult can make because I'm worried that it will the financing will fall through, that the house will burn down (quick! Knock on wood!!) or 20 years from now I will have termites. Seriously?  The writing down of it all makes it seem so much sillier than it is in my head and is allowing me to process this enough that I will be able to celebrate tomorrow after dropping off that cashier's check and picking up the paint on the way to the bottle of champagne in my new house!!

....maybe I need to write more often? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to bring you a houseplant. I hope it all works well. If not, I will buy you a beer.