November 20, 2014

Favorites


OK, I am embarrassed at how long it’s been since I found the energy to post.  Those who know me know that I never go long without some major changes.  After all, isn’t that the only constant in life?
Last November I sold the house. It was much more of a commitment than I had the skills or money to keep up with. A 50 year old house can be a charmer, but it can also be a giant, glaring pit of despair and a money magnet.  That’s what I got in my house, affectionately known as “The Money Pit.”  So, I sold it to a flipper, got what I needed and he made all the updates and renovations I’d wanted to make with out the crews or resources and resold it 90 days later for 40 grand more than he paid for it.  Good for him!
After much downsizing and some major heart-rending decisions to leave some stuff, Cinder, Hermione Freckletoes and I moved into a two bedroom apartment in north Arlington.  We back up to River Legacy Park and the view off the deck is incredible!  I’ve seen coyotes, racoons, and all kinds of wildlife! It’s amazing to have nature right out the back door right here in the city.
Still moving stuff around a year later and realizing there is more downsizing that can, and should, happen.  Just signed the second lease and plan to stay for at least 18 more months.  May move to a one-bedroom some time during this lease period.
Update on favorites:
Music: Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean (yes, country is creeping back into my playlist….thank you Ron!), Cake, Mary Lambert
Reading: Divergent trilogy
TV: Sons of Anarchy (Dang it, almost over!), Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, Frontline, Nova
Knitting: Christmas presents…don’t be peeking!

No comments: