February 25, 2011

So, this is what it's like to really LIVE???

Yup, I'm tired, but I'm still smiling! I was gritching to myself on the way in to work this morning and realized that I don't have ANYTHING to gritch about! I have a social life that makes me tired, I have an amazing man-friend (boyfriend just doesn't sound right at our age) who keeps me hopping, I have an outstanding job that I love, and the most wonderful circle of friends who care for me as I care for them, and just yesterday the doctor confirmed that I'm in good health.

The doctor visit was the annual girly visit and it went very well. I'm the picture of feminine health, I've lost 25 pounds since this time last year, my blood pressure is back to normal (one less pill to take!), all my bloodwork looks good and he couldn't tell I'd ever been a smoker. He didn't yell at me, in fact congratulated me on my progress and I left his office with orders for a mammogram (ok, that part doesn't make me happy) and feeling pretty proud of myself.

Gratuitous picture of Mr. Man
This is Engineer's Week at work. I'm the staff wrangler for most of the events during this week and that's been fun, but tiring. Each year we hold a charity student voting contest to determine which of the engineering professors will get hit in the face with a cream pie at week's end. This year the charity chosen is Engineers Without Borders, an excellent organization that gives back locally and worldwide. I run that contest, I also run the Mr. and Ms. Engineer contests and wrangle the officers to do their jobs during the week.

Tonight Mr. Man and I are going to see Greater Tuna. I love that play, it is so true to life in a small town. Tomorrow we have the Engineering Awards Banquet (rubber chicken and bad speeches) and then Sunday we relax and go to church.

Nope, I don't have a thing to complain about. I can always go back to that safe life, the one where I didn't do anything, I didn't go anywhere and I watched a whole lot of tv....but I like it here, just fine!  Enjoy your busy life!!

No comments: