March 8, 2011

Annual roll call for the Queen's Doctors

This is the time of year when I have to make all the annual doctor visits. There's a doctor most all parts of my body and I've seen the doctor that governs the lady-bits. He referred me for a mammogram, which was done yesterday. I survived the annual boob-squish, but saw some white stuff on the films, which means that although I've had these cyst-y things for years, I will probably be called back in for confirmation mammograms and sonograms.  As Mom said, "no one died from a mammogram, but quite a few have died from NOT having one," so I will continue to offer myself to the Radiology gods for squishing and probing.

Next step is the annual sonogram of the thyroid to make sure it's not growing any larger. Although if a larger thyroid means that I now have an excuse for my current weight, I'm all for larger thyroids. Usually that means bigger, worse problems and I don't know anyone who's looking for more problems. After the thyroid, then I will have to take care of the teeth and the eyes. I have the Isbell teeth and have NEVER had a cavity, so I'm not worried on the dental front. I feel like I front-loaded the dental solutions by having to have so much orthodontic work and teeth pulled when I was a kid.  Eyes are going to be a problem, I've noticed that my arms are much too short and I'm having problems reading street signs. That's STREET SIGNS, not highway signs, so you shouldn't have to evacuate the streets in my honor.

Here's hoping your health in in good order and mine stays that way!!

No comments: