February 19, 2011

Thank goodness!

We got to see Cal Ripken, no one fainted and no one performed acts deemed inappropriate.  We got there terribly early, but we got front row seats! If so inclined, I could've looked right up Cal's pants leg.  Good thing his pants were the proper length and I couldn't see up them.

His talk on the keys to persistence was good. He has really good timing and a funny sense of humor that made the talk seem much shorter than it was. Mr. Ripken has beautiful eyes and I lost my focus on what he was saying a couple of times.Mr. Man was so excited about seeing him, but had some back pain and took a muscle relaxer before the talk. I looked over at him after Cal started talking and Mr. Man was sound asleep. He did wake up in time for the QandA session at the end. Friend Lori was able to attend the reception and had a picture taken with Cal. I'm glad she didn't confess to him that his picture is in her closet so he can "see her dress." I enjoyed watching everyone else until the end of the night when the front row was mobbed by autograph seekers who brought so many different things for Mr. Ripken to sign. I saw jerseys, hot wheels cars, baseball cards, newspapers, ticket stubs, just about everything you can imagine signing. Took us about 30 minutes to work our way out of the crowd to leave.

It was a good night and I had a blast watching the faces of my friends as they were so happy to get to see their idol.

No comments: