March 24, 2011

Moving forward!!

Wow, this month has gone really quickly! And it's been a month of good things happening,

This morning I got notice from my apartments that my lease ends 30 days sooner than I thought. This means I have to step up the house search and make a decision by the end of April. So, I've started the loan prequalification process and I have also been looking at houses online. I hope to update you all soon with an invitation to my housewarming!


Mr. Man and I have been perking along and getting to know each other better. Just last night I met his youngest child and we all went to the bookstore and then to eat. He is the most open, verbally precocious, classically beautiful child I've ever met. Now, it might have a little something to do with him looking like Mr. Man, but I'm not admitting to that. Little Guy has dubbed his father as "Super Daddy Underpants;" yes, he is 6. But he's inspired me to try to find a Super Daddy Underpants costume or to create a t-shirt dedicated to this superhero.



Trinity Hall
My friend Cameron came in from Albuquerque for St. Paddy's Day weekend. Cam brought "Tiki Girl" who we treated like Flat Stanley. On Thursday Tiki Girl went everywhere we went and we all had a blast!  We picked Cam up a the airport and then had lunch at Trinity Hall Pub, corned beef and cabbage for the girls and shepherd's pie for Mr. Man, and listened to some great Irish music. From there we went shopping for a while then back to Willhoite's so Mr. Man could take care of some personal business. Cam, Tiki Girl and I played pool and got to know some of the locals. We went home, changed clothes and went out to Sue Ellen's and JR's a pair of bars in Dallas. Had a good night, Mr. Man and I agreed that we were falling for each other and made devoted vows of love for what we have right now. I think gin might have been involved on my part, hence the memory is not so clear.
Willhoite's


On Friday poor Cam woke up to an ear infection. We spent the morning trying to determine if she would have insurance coverage here and if she did, where could she go for treatment. Then we spent the afternoon at the urgent care center. I am so very grateful for urgent care centers, they move so much faster than the emergency room. She got prescriptions and we grabbed dinner while we waited on the pharmacy, then grabbed a couple of movies on the way home for the evening.

Dallas Farmer's Market
Saturday, after sleeping in, we took in the Dallas Farmer's Market and its associated yumminess. Mangoes, tomatoes, and pineapples that were so very perfectly ripe and sweet. We stopped at Kurry King spice market and stocked up on Indian spices. On our way home we took Tiki girl to visit at "Ripley's Believe It or Not!"
Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Once we got home, Cam made homemade chicken curry, jasmine rice, fruit salad with real whipped cream and we watched "The Fighter." I think Christian Bale deserved the Oscar. He became Dickie and that included all Dickie's faults and twitches...good movie.

OK, I'm off to look at more houses online. Anyone got any favorite tips for hunting?

No comments: